Veterinary practitioner – list of veterinary practitioners – entry
table of content
Description of the subject matter
The Österreichische Tierärztekammer (Austrian Veterinary Chamber) is obliged to keep a list of veterinary practitioners entitled to practise their profession in Austria. The list of veterinary practitioners has to comprise the following data:
- Date and place of birth
- Academic degree
- Place of practice or place of employment
- Official title(s) and titles bestowed
- Successful passing of qualification exam for official vets
- If need be expiry of entitlement to practice, relinquishment of entitlement to practice, suspension and resuming of practice, interdiction of practice
Persons who intend to practice the veterinary profession have to notify this to the Österreichische Tierärztekammer (Austrian Veterinary Chamber) and to apply for entry into the list of veterinary practitioners for the intended place of practice submitting proof for their identity and education.
All persons who intend to take up veterinary practice in Austria (including official veterinarians).
The following requirements have to be met:
- Full legal capacity
- Austrian nationality OR nationals of signatories to the EEA-agreement (this requirement does not apply to nationals of a signatory treaty or agreement with the EU or its member states on the principle of national treatment with regard to their right of freedom of establishment and services; furthermore for refugees who were granted asylum in accordance with asylum legislation; furthermore to spouses of Austrian nationals or spouses of nationals of signatories to the EEA-agreement working in Austria)
- Full academic qualification of veterinary medicine at the University of Veterinary Medicine Vienna OR a foreign full academic qualification recognised by the University of Veterinary Medicine Vienna OR evidence of formal qualification as listed in Annex V of the Directive on the recognition of professional qualifications OR a confirmation in writing by the country of provenance certifying that the person concerned is entitled to practice the veterinary profession in this country self-employed (only applicable to nationals of signatories to the EEA-agreement)
- Sufficient knowledge of the official language (German)
All necessary documentation has to be attached to the application.
Info PLEASE NOTE
Application has to be done before the intended taking up of veterinary practice; practice must not be taken up before the application has been settled favourably.
The Österreichische Tierärztekammer (Austrian Veterinary Chamber) has to settle the application within 14 days.
Competence for the procedure lies with the Österreichische Tierärztekammer (Austrian Veterinary Chamber).
The application has to be addressed in writing to the competent authority.
In case the application is not settled favourably the entry has to be denied by the Österreichische Tierärztekammer (Austrian Veterinary Chamber) by notice.
Appeals from this notice can be filed with the provincial governor who is locally competent for the intended place of practice or employment or – when at the time of application neither a place of practice nor place of employment have been envisaged – for the place of residence of the applicant. Where there is also no place of residence the competence lies with the provincial governor of Vienna. No further appeal is admissible.
Info PLEASE NOTE
The following documents have to be attached to the application:
- Proof of fulfilling the general requirements (refer to section requirements)
- Identity card
- 2 photos
For the registration, fees according to the Tarifordnung der Österreichischen Tierärztekammer (Austrian Veterinary Chamber) will accrue.
In the case of an appeal against a notice of denial the usual costs of administrative procedures may accrue.
Please note that costs may accrue for the issuing of the Veterinary Practitioner’s Identity Card!
- Merkblatt der Österreichischen Tierärztekammer (Austrian Veterinary Chamber)