Notifying the Social Insurance Institution for the Self-Employed
table of content
Description of the subject matter
Commercially active shareholders must also register with the Social Insurance Institution for the Self-Employed (SVS) or the competent business authority.
Info PLEASE NOTE
Shareholders of commercial businesses are:
- partners of a general partnershipGerman text that is a member of the Austrian Federal Economic Chamber (WKO)
- partners with personal liability (general partnersGerman text) of a limited partnershipGerman text that is a member of the Austrian Federal Economic Chamber (WKO)
- partners of a private limited companyGerman text that is a member of the Austrian Federal Economic Chamber (WKO)
Info PLEASE NOTE
Partner of an OG, personally liable partner of a KG or managing partner of a GmbH,, if the company has a business licence
Setting up a business
Within a month of commencing or resuming the commercial activity.
The Social Insurance Institution for the Self-Employed (→ SVS)German text or the competent business authorityGerman text.
An insurance declaration must be sent to the competent body notifying it of the start of the insurance.
The insurance declaration can be posted or faxed to the Social Insurance Institution (SVS).
One-stop registration with the Business Service Portal provides a single point of access to various social insurance services; this is explained in a short film (→ YouTube)German text.
Documents requiredNot applicable
There are no fees or costs to be paid.
- Austrian Federal Economic Chamber (→ WKO)German text
- provincial branches of the Social Insurance Institution for the Self-Employed (→ SVS)German text
- Start and end of compulsory insurance (→ SVS)German text
There is no expert information available.
Authentication and signature
Electronically: registration using a mobile phone signature German Text
In writing (not using a mobile phone signature): signed application (sent by post)
Legal remedyNot applicable
Support- and Problemsolvingservices
There are no assistance or problem-solving services.
Further service points
Social security ombudsman (→ SVS) German Text