Measurement and Verification – Protection Mark
table of content
The competent authority may authorise qualified persons to set instruments so that these measuring instruments can be used post-repair until official verification. Having set the instruments, these authorised persons will seal them with a protection mark in order to prevent any tampering with the measuring instruments until verification. Thus sealed, the measuring instrument cannot be subject to any alterations of their metrological characteristics.
Only those persons may be authorised to affix protection marks who
- have the requisite reliability,
- have the relevant professional qualifications for the measuring instruments in question, and
- are able to provide supporting documents concerning a minimum of three years of professional training in this field.
The request must be filed in writing with the competent authority and include the following information:
- First and last name
- Home address
- Date of birth
- Place of birth
- Name or company name and address of employer
Activity with employer.
The procedure and conditions are subject to the Ordinance Concerning Protection Marks issued by the Federal Office of Metrology and Surveying.
- Police certificate of good conduct (no more than one month old)
- Supporting documents concerning a minimum of three years of professional training in this field (certificates).
- Supporting documents concerning type and duration of current activity including confirmation of employer.
- Where applicable, supporting documents concerning type and duration of previous activities which are of relevance to the current activity (including confirmation of relevant employers and supporting documents concerning training in these activities).
- Information on the types of measuring instruments concerned and, where applicable, designs and makers.
- Supporting documents concerning training by maker and/or representative of measuring instruments.
- Registration fee: EUR 50.87 federal fee
- Application fee: EUR 14.30 federal fee
- Attachment: EUR 3.90 per sheet
- Official decision on authorisation:
- EUR 254.35 federal fee.
Fees or taxes become due once the procedure is settled. For this purpose a payment form will be mailed to the party concerned.
No expert information is available.
responsible for content: Federal Ministry for Digital and Economic Affairs