Trade in the EU/ EEA

Up-to-date information ontrade in the EU/ EEA, professional qualificationsobtained in other EU/ EEA countries and Switzerland, offers of services, EEA certificates etc.

Basic information

In the case of regulated trades, a certificate of competence must be produced at the time of registration. In the case of qualifications obtained in other EU/EEA countries and Switzerland, this is done by diploma recognition. The recognition or equivalence of professional qualifications obtained in the home country or country of origin is granted on request by decision of the governor of the state (Landeshauptmann).

Nationals of an EU/EEA state who are established in another EU Member State or a contracting state of the EEA and who are authorised to carry out a commercial activity there may temporarily and occasionally carry out that activity in Austria under the same conditions as Austrian nationals. In the case of regulated trades, a notification of the provision of cross‑border services is required. The notification must be renewed once a year if the company intends to provide services in Austria during the year in question.

Translated by the European Commission
Last update: 17 March 2023

Responsible for the content: USP Editorial Staff

Rate this page and help us to improve.