Industrial liability insurance
In general, these rules also apply to EU citizens and entrepreneurs from EU Member States in Austria.
Qualified persons must take out liability insurance for personal injuries, material damages and financial losses and/or errors and omissions insurance in order to practice certain professions in Austria:
- property trustees;
- commercial investment advisers;
- insurance brokerage;
- passenger transport using trailers.
The minimum insured sums vary and are, in some cases, dependent on turnover. The trade authority will be forced to withdraw the trade licence if insurance is not taken out or lapses. Further information on business in Austria can also be found at USP.gv.at.
- Statutory liability insurance in construction (→ Styria Economic Chamber)German text
- Errors and omissions insurance for insurance providers and investment advisers (→ WKO)German text
- Errors and omissions insurance for property trustees (→ WKO)German text
- All types of insurance (→ VVO)German text
responsible for content: Federal Ministry for Digital and Economic Affairs