In general, these rules also apply to entrepreneurs from EU Member States in Austria.
The advertising of online shop operators is subject to strict legal regulations. Advertising must clearly and unambiguously
- be recognisable as such, e.g. by means of visual emphasis,
- identify the natural or legal person who commissioned the advertising,
- in the case of offers intended to promote sales, e.g. gifts, identify them as such and include easy access to the conditions of use,
- identify promotional contests or games as such and include easy access to the conditions of participation.
- Provisions of competition law must also be observed in the case of promotional contests or games over the internet.
- In addition, paid advertising is subject to further marking. More detailed information can also be found at USP.gv.at in the section marking of paid advertising.
Responsible for the content: Federal Ministry of Justice