Notifying the Social Insurance Institution for the Self-Employed
table of content
Commercially active shareholders must also register with the Social Insurance Institution for the Self-Employed (SVS) or the competent business authority.
In general, these rules also apply to entrepreneurs from EU Member States in Austria.
Shareholders of commercial businesses are:
- partners of a general partnership that is a member of the Austrian Federal Economic Chamber (WKO)
- partners with personal liability (general partners) of a limited partnership that is a member of the Austrian Federal Economic Chamber (WKO)
- partners of a private limited company that is a member of the Austrian Federal Economic Chamber (WKO)
Partner of an OG, personally liable partner of a KG or managing partner of a GmbH, if the company has a business licence
Setting up a business
Within a month of commencing or resuming the commercial activity.
The Social Insurance Institution for the Self-Employed (→ SVS)German text or the competent business authorityGerman text.
An insurance declaration must be sent to the competent body notifying it of the start of the insurance.
The insurance declaration can be posted or faxed to the Social Insurance Institution (SVS).
One-stop registration with the Business Service Portal provides a single point of access to various social insurance services; this is explained in a short film (→ YouTube)German text.
Costs and fees
There are no fees or costs to be paid.
- Austrian Federal Economic Chamber (→ WKO)German text
- provincial branches of the Social Insurance Institution for the Self-Employed (→ SVS)German text
- Start and end of compulsory insurance (→ SVS)German text
There is no expert information available.
Link to form
Online insurance registration (→ SVS)German Text
Authentication and signature
Electronically: registration using a mobile phone signature
In writing (not using a mobile phone signature): signed application (sent by post)
Means of redress or appeal
Assistance and problem-solving services
There are no auxiliary or problemsolving services available.
Further service points
Social security ombudsman (→ SVS) German Text
Responsible for the content: Federal Ministry for Digital and Economic Affairs