Advice services and seminars/courses
Before you start your business, you should definitely take advice on the procedure for setting it up, as well as on any related financial or legal issues. There are a range of seminars and courses available to help you prepare to set up a business in your specific field.
Contacts and links:
- The Federal Minister of Labour and Economy (BMAW) service for setting up a business (→ BMAW)German text
- The Austrian Economic Chamber (WKO) service for people setting up a business (→ WKO)German text
- The WKO succession platform for people looking to pass on a business (→ WKO)German text (Nachfolgebörse)
- Free business premises search engine (→ WKO)German text
- → Wien Work integrative Betriebe und AusbildungsgmbH Help to Work Scheme – advice for aspiring entrepreneurs with disabilitiesGerman text
Events, seminars and courses
- The WKO's founders' service (Gründerservice) (→ WKO)German text organises an annual event for people starting their own businesses, known as the Founders' Days (Gründertage) (→ WKO)German text
- You can find details of the WKO's workshops and other events (→ WKO)German text to do with setting up a business on the founders' service (→ WKO)German text webpages.
You can find information about self-employment on the webpages of the relevant economic chamber(s) and/or professional associations.
Online advice portal and calculator
- Funding a companyGerman text
Responsible for the content: Federal Ministry of Labour and Economy