Qualified Nursing Care – Declaration of Services
table of content
If the service provider first moves from one Member State to Austria in order to provide services, he must inform the governor of the federal state, where the services will be provided, in a written declaration in advance.
EU Member States alternatively enable a holder of a diploma in general nursing care to inform the competent authority through an online tool (European Professional Card).
Evidence of professional qualification and proof of the nationality of a Member State of the European Economic Area (EEA) or Switzerland
Governor of the federal state, where the services will be provided
The written declaration can be submitted in person, by post or by e-mail with an electronic signature. For holders of a diploma in general nursing care, there is also the option to inform the competent authority through an online tool (European Professional Card).
Preliminary proceedings: Should the need arise there will be an aptitude test in an Austrian training institution before the authorization can be granted.
Length of proceedings: If there is no test required, the authorization can be granted right after the written declaration. If there is a prior check needed, the process can be expected to take two months.
Appeals may be submitted to the Governor of the federal state, where the services will be provided, in writing within four weeks after receiving the decision.
- Proof of the nationality of the service provider
- Attestation certifying that the holder is legally established in a Member State for the purpose of pursuing the activities concerned and that he/she is not prohibited from practising, even temporarily, at the moment of delivering the attestation
- Evidence of professional qualifications
- Declaration about the applicant´s knowledge of the German language necessary for practising the Profession
All documents and certificates (except the proof of the nationality) must be submitted in German or English, either as an original or as a copy authenticated by a court, a notary public or a municipal authority. Only the translations by a certified court translator are accepted.
Translations from Hungary are accepted only, if they are issued by " Orszagos Fordito es Forditashitelesitö Iroda (OFFI)".
Non authenticated copies or untranslated documents are not accepted. After processing, all original documents will be returned immediately.
There will be administration fees for written declarations.
This application is for:
- Holders of a diploma in qualified nursing care
Individuals with a special basic training or a specialization have the possibility to add their qualifications in brackets:
- (paediatric nursing)
- (psychiatric nursing)
- (intensive care)
- (intensive paediatric care)
- (anaesthetic nursing)
- (renal nursing)
- (surgical nursing)
- (hospital hygiene)
- (wound management and stoma care)
- (hospice and palliative care)
- (psychogeriatric nursing)
- (teacher for nursing care)
- (managerial tasks)
- Sections 39, 39a of the Gesundheits- und Krankenpflegegesetz (GuKG)
No expert information is available.
responsible for content: Federal Ministry of Social Affairs, Health, Care and Consumer Protection