Logistics financial assistance
With logistics financial assistance for 2019 - 2023, the Federal Ministry for Climate Action, Environment, Energy, Mobility, Innovation and Technology is supporting the development and implementation of innovative logistics concepts.
Financial assistance are provided for feasibility studies lasting for no more than one year (grant support covers a maximum of 70 percent, with a grant level of up to 100,000 Euro) and implementation projects lasting for no more than three years (grant support covers a maximum of 60 percent, grant level of up to 300,000 Euro). For the latter, readiness for the market and prior successful trials (‘piloting’) are a prerequisite that permits the successful deployment of the project.
The focus of the grant support is on the (pilot-like) implementation of innovative logistics concepts for all transport carriers with public sector involvement. The purpose of these concepts is to improve the competitive position of the Austrian goods transport and logistics sector, to increase the attractiveness of certain locations, and to ensure social and environmental sustainability
Applicants for grant assistance
Potential grant assistance applicants include companies from the logistics and transport sector, as well as from trade and industry, associations, research facilities, various legal persons distinct from the federal authorities maintaining higher education courses and institutions, and European countries (with active public sector participation).
Legally independent enterprises of the Provinces and/or Communities are entitled to apply if the regional authority has a participating interest in the enterprise of less than 25 percent.
In general, these rules apply to all entrepreneurs from EU Member States in Austria.
Prerequisites for grant assistance
- The applicant for grant assistance must have its finances in order. The overall financing for the project must be assured. All available funding options must have been exhausted. It should not be possible without grant assistance from federal funds to realise the project in its envisaged scope, or should only be possible without such assistance at a substantially later time.
- Expertise in logistics and transport
- Letter of intent from the regional authority (for concepts/pilots with an organisational focus
- The size of the grant recipient must justify implementation on a pilot basis
Processing body for grant assistance
Before submission, a consultation with representatives from the Federal Ministry for Climate Action, Environment, Energy, Mobility, Innovation and Technology (BMK) and SCHIG mbH is mandatory. Submissions to SCHIG mbH can be made any time within the period from 1 January 2019 to 31 December 2023.
The complete grant assistance applications must be sent electronically to SCHIG mbH at firstname.lastname@example.org:
- Application form requesting grant assistance (includes performance plan, cost planning, a schedule, and a funding plan)
- Cost estimate calculation sheet for project costs
- Declaration of support from the affected and involved regional authority, if the submitting body is not a regional authority or a group of more than one regional authority
- If applicable, any other project-specific documents of relevance for the evaluation
For major projects (total volume of more than 1 million Euro), a phased approach is recommended.
Payment is generally made after the end of the project period; for projects lasting for more than one year, an annual payment may be made upon submission of appropriate interim reports. For feasibility studies, the project duration must be limited to one year, while for implementation, the duration must be limited to three years.
responsible for content: Federal Ministry for Climate Action, Environment, Energy, Mobility, Innovation and Technology