Up-to-date information on changing a company's place of establishment, moving a company, time and cost planning, selecting a place of establishment, obligations and permits etc.
Information for newcomers
The USP has provided an electronic relocation service since 2019.
In many cases, relocating a company's registered office is the most efficient way to respond to changes in factors such as sales market, costs etc.
When moving a company to a new location, there are certain points to bear in mind with respect to scheduling and costing:
- Selection of a suitable location and the associated changes and, potentially, obligations
- Where necessary, obtaining new permits for the new location that are usually only required when starting up a business
- Compliance with special legal provisions regarding the establishment of businesses, e.g.
- Land use and zoning plans
- Building permits
- Operating licence
- Environmental impact assessment
- Obtaining other permits, for example under
- Urban planning and building law
- Water law
- Waste disposal law
- Nature conservation law
- Forest law
- Railway law
- Road law
The Austrian regional economic chambers (→ WKO)German text and the Federal Ministry of Labour and Economy (→ BMAW)German text offer the necessary consulting services to help you relocate your business.
- Regional economic chambers (→ WKO)German text
- Federal Ministry of Labour and Economy (→ BMAW)German text
Responsible for the content: Federal Ministry of Justice