Up-to-date information on changing a company's place of establishment, moving a company, time and cost planning, selecting a place of establishment, obligations and permits, etc.
Information for newcomers
The Business Service Portal has provided an electronic relocation serviceGerman text since 19 June 2019.
In many cases, relocating a company's registered office is the most efficient way to respond to changes in factors such as sales market, costs, etc.
When moving a company to a new location, there are certain points to bear in mind with respect to scheduling and costing:
- Selection of a suitable location and the associated changes and, potentially, obligations
- Where necessary, obtaining new permits for the new location that are usually only required whenstarting up a business German text
- Compliance with special legal provisions regarding the establishment of businesses, e.g.:
- Obtaining other permits, for example under:
- Urban planning and building law
- Water law
- Waste disposal law
- Nature conservation law
- Forest law
- Railway law
- Road law
The Austiran regional economic chambersGerman text and the Federal Ministry of Digital and Economic Affairs offer the necessary consulting services to help you relocate your business. Information about professional activitiesGerman text can be found on the website of the relevant chamber or professional body.
responsible for content: Federal Ministry of Justice