Waste – Processing Contract
table of content
- If waste is not lawfully collected, stored, shipped or processed or
- if the safe treatment of waste is required to prevent public interest being negatively affected,
the administrative authority must instruct the obliged entity to carry out the necessary steps and/or prohibit any activity in breach of the regulations.
If the obliged entity cannot be determined or is not legally capable of fulfilling the processing contract or cannot be instructed for other reasons, the processing contract can be granted to the legal owner of an immovable property at which the waste is located. This is particularly the case if they have agreed to the storage or deposit of the waste or has tolerated it and has omitted to take reasonable defensive measures. The assignee of the property owner will also be liable, if they were aware of the storage or deposit or must have been aware if proper attention was paid. In cases like this, it is therefore recommended to enquire with the relevant body in advance.
The obliged entity that is responsible for the lawful collection, storage, shipping, transfer or treatment of waste or has put the public interest at risk (even if not at fault).
In general, these rules also apply for traders from EU Member States if they are responsible for waste in Austria.
See "General Information".
There are no specific time limits to be observed.
The waste management agency that is responsible for the area in which the business is located
- The → district authorityGerman text
- in chartered urban districts: the → Municipal ExecutiveGerman text
- in Vienna: the MA (department) 22 (→ City of Vieanna)German text
- If certain measures (e.g. investigations, regular samples) are required in connection with legally or de facto closed land fill sites: the → governorGerman text
The administrative authority officially becomes active.
No specific documents are required.
Costs and fees
The costs are determined by various regulations on charges and fees. It is recommended that you obtain more detailed information from the responsible authority in advance.
No expert information is available.
Responsible for the content: Federal Ministry for Climate Action, Environment, Energy, Mobility, Innovation and Technology