Midwives – Declaration of Temporary Services
table of content
If the service provider first moves from one Member State to Austria in order to provide services, he must inform the National Board of Austrian Midwives (Austrian Midwives Association, Österreichisches Hebammengremium) in a written declaration in advance.
Evidence of professional qualification and proof of the nationality of a Member State of the European Economic Area (EEA) or Switzerland
Landstraßer Hauptstrasse 71/2
Phone: +43 1 71728163
The written declaration can be submitted in person, by post or electronic (e.g. by e-mail with an electronic signature).
Preliminary proceedings: Should the need arise there will be an aptitude test in an Austrian training institution before the authorization can be granted.
Length of proceedings: If there is no test required, the authorization can be granted right after the written declaration. If there is a prior check needed, the process can be expected to take two months.
- Proof of the nationality of the service Provider
- Filled and signed Form "Hebammenregistereintragung"
- Attestation certifying that the holder is legally established in a Member State for the purpose of pursuing the activities concerned and that he/she is not prohibited from practising, even temporarily, at the moment of delivering the attestation
- Evidence of professional qualifications
- Declaration about the applicant´s knowledge of the German language necessary for practising the profession
- One picture (as used for passport)
All documents and certificates (except the proof of the nationality) must be submitted in German or English, either as an original or as a copy authenticated by a court, a notary public or a municipal authority. Only the translations by a certified court translator are accepted.
Translations from Hungary are accepted only, if they are issued by Országos Fordító és Forditáshitelesítö Iroda (OFFI).
Non authenticated copies or untranslated documents are not accepted. After processing, all original documents will be returned immediately.
Fees are approximately 200 Euro
This application is for midwives.
No expert information is available.
responsible for content: Federal Ministry of Social Affairs, Health, Care and Consumer Protection