Psychotherapists – Declaration of Temporary Services
table of content
Before the first provision of temporary psychotherapeutic service in Austria requiring temporary residence in the federal territory, the service provider must submit a written declaration by way of the Federal Ministry of Social Affairs, Health, Care and Consumer Protection.
It is hereby expressively stated that regular psychotherapeutic activities in Austria are not classified as temporary provision of services. Practice as a psychotherapist on a regular basis in Austria requires registration with the Federal Ministry of Social Affairs, Health, Care and Consumer Protection pursuant to section 17 of the Psychotherapiegesetz.
Evidence of professional qualification as psychotherapist and proof of nationality of an EU or EEA member state or Switzerland.
Federal Ministry of Social Affairs, Health, Care and Consumer Protection
Declaration: may be submitted by post or by electronic means
Preliminary proceedings: prior check of the qualification; if necessary, aptitude test before the authorization for the temporary provision of services can be granted
Length of proceedings: up to two monthsLegal remedy: A complaint against the decision may be submitted to the Federal Ministry of Social Affairs, Health, Care and Consumer Protection in writing within four weeks from the delivery of the decision, which must be directed to the responsible administrative tribunal. The complaint must designate the decision as well as the Ministry of Social Affairs, Health, Care and Consumer Protection. Furthermore, the reasons on which the allegation of illegality is based must be set out. In order to fully comply with the formal requirements, the complaint must ultimately also contain the request as well as information on timeliness.
- Proof of the nationality of the service Provider
- Attestation of the competent authority of the country of origin certifying that the holder is legally established in a Member State for the purpose of pursuing the activities of a psychotherapist and that she/he is not prohibited from practising the profession of psychotherapist, even temporarily, at the moment of delivering the attestation.
- Evidence of professional qualification as psychotherapist
- Declaration about the applicant’s knowledge of the German language necessary for practising the profession in Austria
- Evidence of professional indemnity insurance pursuant to section 16b of the Psychotherapiegesetz
All documents and certificates must be submitted as a copy authenticated by a court or a notary public. If documents are not written in German, they have to be translated by a certified court translator.
Non authenticated copies or untranslated documents are not accepted as evidence.
Costs and fees
For written disposals fees and taxes accrue according to the Gebührengesetz and the Bundesverwaltungsabgabenverordnung.
This application is for the profession of:
No expert information is available.
Link to form
Responsible for the content: Federal Ministry of Social Affairs, Health, Care and Consumer Protection