Dissolution of a business
Up-to-date information about dissolution, commercial procedures, closing other business premises, etc.
Information for newcomers
There are official procedures for the closure of a business. The reason for closing the business determines which procedures should be followed and by whom.
Reasons for closing a business:
- the death of the entrepreneur;
- the dissolution of a company;
- financial difficulties; and
- other (personal) reasons.
These rules apply to all entrepreneurs from EU Member States in Austria.
It is always advisable to seek the assistance of a notary or lawyer when closing a company.
Information about self-employed activitiesGerman text can be found on the website of the relevant chamber or the relevant professional body.
- Register of notaries (→ ÖNK)German text
- Register of lawyers (→ ÖRAK)German text
Responsible for the content: USP Editorial Staff