Representation of interests
Current information about workforce representation, employer representation, etc.
Information for newcomers
In Austria, workers' interests are represented by:
- the Chamber of Labour (compulsory membership by law);
- the Austrian Trade Union Federation (voluntary membership);
- their works council (within the company itself).
The interests of businesses and professionals are represented by:
- the chambers of commerce and other chambers (compulsory membership by law);
- associations and organisations, e.g. the Federation of Austrian Industries (voluntary membership).
The Austrian Social Partnership is a voluntary cooperation initiative between the main employers' and employees' associations and between these associations and the federal government. It comprises four associations at national level:
- the Austrian Trade Union Federation (→ ÖGB)
- the Austrian Federal Chamber of Labour (→ BAK)German text
- the Austrian Federal Economic Chamber (→ WKO)
- the Austrian Federal Chamber of Agriculture (→ LKÖ)German text
Approved in cooperation with: Federal Ministry of Labour and Economy