IPPC Treatment Plants – Special Notification Requirements
table of content
The owner of an IPPC treatment plant (except for a landfill) must notify the competent authority of all disturbances and accidents with significant environmental impact.
The owner of an IPPC treatment plant which is located in a conurbation with a number of inhabitants exceeding in any case 100,000 must notify the competent authority of the noise emissions emanating from this IPPC treatment plant (related to the source of noise and the plant limit) and their sources.
Owners of IPPC treatment plants
See "General Information".
- Notification in the case of disturbances and accidents with considerable environmental impact immediately
- Notification of noise emissions: By at latest four weeks after the legally binding approval of the IPPC treatment plant becoming effective or after the legally binding approval of a considerable change of this plant.
The waste management authority (Abfallwirtschaftsbehörde) which is locally in charge of the site:
- The Provincial GovernorGerman text (Landeshauptmann)
- The Provincial GovernorGerman text may delegate procedures and supervision to the district administration authority (Bezirksverwaltungsbehörde)
There is no special procedure to be followed.
Minimum contents for notifications:
- Information about the disturbance or the accident and the related environmental effects.
- Information about the noise emissions related to the source of noise and the source of noise emissions.
Costs and fees
No tariffs or duties have to be paid.
No expert information is available.
Responsible for the content: Federal Ministry for Climate Action, Environment, Energy, Mobility, Innovation and Technology