Electronic tax return
- FinanzOnline (→ BMF)
Traders registered on the business service portal (USP) are able to make use of FinanzOnline and many other online procedures with a single sign-on to the USP. More detailed information about registering with the USP can be obtained from the online advisor for USP registration.
FinanzOnline (→ BMF) brings the tax office to entrepreneurs. You can use the system to complete official formalities around the clock at the click of a mouse. All you need is an internet connection. There are three ways to access the service. You can either:
- log in from the homepage using your Citizen's Card (Bürgerkarte) or with a TID (Participant Number), BenID (User ID) and PIN
- log in via the https://www.bmf.gv.at homepage (go to "FinanzOnline")
- Enter the URL https://finanzonline.bmf.gv.at into the address bar of your internet browser
General information about the online procedure, along with specific instructions for certain groups of taxpayers, is available on the Federal Ministry of Finance website under "Services - FinanzOnline." Detailed help and information about the procedure is available in the FinanzOnline (→ BMF) system itself. Any changes to the system will be announced on FinanzOnline under "News".
If you have questions about FinanzOnline, you can call our phone hotline on 050 233 790 between 8 am and 5 pm, Monday to Friday (calls from Austria only).
FinanzOnline gives you access to the following benefits and services:
- Free to use, round the clock
- Complete official formalities when it suits you – all you need is an Internet connection
- No special software required
- Help and user support (online help and phone hotline)
- Update your business data any time (office address, bank details, e-mail addresses etc.)
- Manage your own user account
- Request a VAT number
- Confirm the validity of a VAT number
- Access your tax account and tax file any time (showing the account balance, pay slips etc.)
- Access your annual tax summary
- Later due dates for annual returns: take until 30 June of the following year (as opposed to 30 April)
- Applications for extensions of deadlines
- File your tax return electronically (including preliminary returns)
- Report self-assessed tax due and pay it immediately online (EPS)
- Receive decisions in your personal electronic mailbox (DataBox), incl. e-mail notification
- Apply for changes to decisions (appeals etc.)
- Apply for less stringent payment terms
- Apply for refund
- Apply for VAT refunds
- Get confirmatory documents to substantiate the fact that your tax affairs are in order (e.g. confirmation of registration as an entrepreneur, certification that you have no tax payments outstanding)
- Make other requests and applications (e.g. changing advance payments, evidence that your tax affairs are in order)
If you have any questions about your personal tax affairs, contact your tax office directly.
Responsible for the content: Federal Ministry of Finance