Civil engineers – license for firms
table of content
Civil engineers may, for the sole purpose of exercising their profession on a permanent basis, form any private company or corporate entity which can be registered in the Austrian commercial register under Austrian law with special authorisation by the competent authority.
- Civil engineers with powers of management and representation who are partners/shareholders and/or members of the board must cover all aspects of the firm's licence by the powers they actually exercise.
- The articles of association must comply with the provisions of the Ziviltechnikergesetz (ZTG).
No special deadlines need to be observed.
- Request: The competent Chamber of Civil Engineers (→ zt)German text where the requesting party intends to establish the firm’s registered office
- Decision: Federal Minister of Labour and Economy (→ BMAW)German text
The request may be submitted personally, in writing or by e-mail to the competent authority.
- Articles of association (notarial deed)
- Decision on licensing chartered engineering consultants with powers of management and representation
- Sworn declaration that no grounds for disqualification exist
Costs and fees
- EUR 47.30 federal fee;
- attachment: EUR 3.90 per sheet.
- Official decision:
- EUR 83.60 federal fee;
- EUR 98 federal administrative levy.
Fees or taxes become due once the procedure is settled. For this purpose a payment form will be mailed to the party concerned.
Sections 23 to 30 and following of the Ziviltechnikergesetz (ZTG)
Link to form
Civil engineering professions – firms – licensingGerman text
Responsible for the content: Federal Ministry of Labour and Economy