Architects (EU/EEA Countries/Switzerland) – Establishment
table of content
EU/EEA nationals and Swiss nationals and their family members who are licensed to practice the profession of free-lance architects in their home countries may, under certain conditions, become established in Austria to practice their profession on Austrian territory.
Swiss nationals and EU/ EEA nationals are deemed to be equivalent concerning licensing to practice their professions.
- The requesting party must have been licensed to work as an architect in his/her home country.
- No reasons for disqualification.
No special deadlines need to be observed.
- Request: The competent Chamber of Civil Engineers (→ zt)German text where the requesting party's office and/or branch office is to be located
- Decision: Federal Ministry for Digital and Economic Affairs (→ BMDW)German text
The request may be submitted personally, in writing or by e-mail to the competent authority.
- Proof of nationality
- Certificate of qualification of the home member state which entitles the party concerned to take up work as a free-lance architect
- Certificate, that the education corresponds with Annex V, 5.7.1 of Directive 2005/36/EG on the recognition of professional qualifications
- Certificates of the competent authority of the home member state (no more than three months old) stating that the requesting party
- is reliable
- has not been declared bankrupt
- complies with the code of conduct of his/her profession
- EUR 47.30 federal fee
- attachment: EUR 3.90 per sheet
- Official decision:
- EUR 83.60 federal fee
- EUR 98 federal administrative levy
Fees or taxes become due once the procedure is settled. For this purpose a payment form will be mailed to the party concerned.
Branch office architects (→ zt)German text
There is no expert information available.
Authentication and Signature
Auxiliary and Problemsolving Services
There are no assistance or problem-solving services available.
responsible for content: Federal Ministry for Digital and Economic Affairs