This website uses Cookies. You will accept these by click on the button "continue". For more information read our page "Private Policy".

Civil engineers – Professional liability insurance


In general, these rules also apply to entrepreneurs from EU Member States and EU citizens in Austria.

Liability insurance is recommended for self-employed planners and is, in particular, mandatory for public contracts. A table showing an overview/comparison of liability insurance overview/comparison of liability insurance (→ zt)German text an be found on the website of the Chamber of Civil Engineers.

Further information on the cross-border services and places of business (EU/EEA/Switzerland) of civil engineers, architects and consulting engineers can also be found at under the heading civil engineering professionsGerman text.

Further links

Translated by the European Commission
last update: 18 January 2021

responsible for content: Federal Ministry for Digital and Economic Affairs

Rate this page and help us to improve.