Civil Engineers – License for Natural Persons
table of content
Having passed the civil engineer's examination, successful candidates may be licensed to work as civil engineers on a self-employed basis. This licence is awarded by the Federal Minister for Digital and Economic Affairs.
- Successfully passed examination for civil engineers;
- Legal capacity;
- No bankruptcy;
No special deadlines need to be observed.
- Request: The competent Chamber of Civil Engineers (→ zt) German text where the requesting party’s firm is established.
- Decision: Federal Ministry of Labour and Economy (→ BMAW) German text
The request may be submitted personally or in writing to the competent authority.
- Certificate of civil engineer's examination;
- Citizenship certificate (→ österreich.gv.at)German text;
- Police certificate of good conduct (→ österreich.gv.at)German text (no more than three months old);
- Sworn declaration that no grounds for disqualification exist;
- Where applicable also documentary evidence of university degreesGerman text.
Costs and fees
- EUR 47.30;
- attachment: EUR 3.90 per sheet.
- Official decision:
- EUR 83.60 federal fee;
- EUR 98 federal administrative levy.
Fees or taxes become due once the procedure is settled. For this purpose a payment form will be mailed to the party concerned.
There is no expert information available.
Link to form
Responsible for the content: Federal Ministry of Labour and Economy