Commercial law requirements

In the case of cross-border provision of services, the relevant provisions of commercial law of the EU/EEA country in which the service is provided must, in principle, be observed.

The provisions of commercial law are different in each EU/EEA country and can be obtained from the local foreign trade offices of the Austrian Chambers of Commerce (WKO).

A certificate of competence is generally required for regulated businesses. Employers can have their professional accreditation and exercise of the trade confirmed by means of an EEA certificate.

Employers from Austria who wish to provide cross-border services can apply for an EEA certificate from the relevant trade authority.

Please note

You can find detailed information on this in the section “Issuing EEA certificates”.

Information on self-employed activities can be found on the website of the relevant chamber or the relevant professional Body.

Further links

Translated by the European Commission
Last update: 12 February 2024

Responsible for the content: Federal Ministry of Labour and Economy

Rate this page and help us to improve.